We met on the dance floor, at a swing dance called Satin Ballroom. We got engaged on that very same dance floor with the same band playing a little over a year later; we celebrated our 10th anniversary in 2012.
“The first thing I noticed about Melissa is her energy and her smile.”
- She has a superhero-like ability for calming a frantic bride, which explains her successful career in the wedding & event industry.
- Sometimes I catch her improvising a made up song when she’s not aware that anyone is listening.
- She puts up with my stupid jokes and laughs at my good ones.
- Melissa loves entertaining and frequently invites friends over (so I can cook for them, often with vegetables and herbs from our garden).
“Doug is a goofball. He is the funniest guy I’ve ever met, and the most endearing (and he’s a good dancer, too!)”
- He has always wanted to be a dad and is “uncle” to every kid in the neighborhood.
- I marvel at his ability to be ridiculously creative (he is a comedy writer) and just as masterful in analytical and practical thinking.
- He is my rock, as well as my soft place to land.
- We’ve created a marvelous life together and every time we talk of welcoming a child into it, his eyes sparkle with delight – literally effervescent!